Tuesday, March 13, 2012

who I want to be...

I am trying to learn how to be who God wants me to be and who I am, I want to be a real woman to all around me, regardless of marital status, I want be Gentle,Warm, and receptive, I want to spread Grace to those whose lives I am able to touch, and I want to affirm others with tenderness and sensitivity, I want to be vunerable and courageous at the same time,a nuturer, and I want to devote my life to the glory of God, I do not want to lose tody playing out the fantasies for tomorrow. I do not want to be one who perceives myself with the have-nots, I want to accept the maternal challenge to counsel, support, and encourage those around me. I want to teach children love,joy,peace,trust,respect,loyalty,faithfulness,obedience, and honesty, there is no higher calling than this in MY eyes..maybe not Gods, am unsure..but as I read "fearlessly feminine". feel more and more conviction to fearlessly surrender to the call of wife and mother.I want to be woman enough to yield to the poweful calling of motherhood. I know I can trust God to lead me forward. I know he is a "God who sees me". (Gen. 6:13) I can trust him to lead me forward, as well as I trust him to lead my husband forward as well, that the three of us walk together.  I realize that to be who I need to be, I need to be what the bible says , a Titus e:35 woman and a Proverbs 31 woman, which is something I could go on about forever, elaborating about Ruth and how she clung to Naomi, motivated by love and a desire to bless, protect and care for her mother in law. she refused to take the easier route to Moab but journeyed to Israel where she faced a hostile culture and tried t be graceful. a virtous wwoman knows her value exists in her relationship with God, not the praise of others, I want to be a woman of chracter, but think will nneed to continue in another post.

1 comment: